Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rudders, Sort Of

Here are some of the things written on the pages of my little notebook that I keep in my purse for when I start to careen into the shoreline or another schooner, perhaps. I wish I could tattoo them into the air in front of me and breath them into my nostrils:

Keep your eyes open
Keep your ears open
Stay awake

Nothing Special
No Big Deal

Things are always changing, so nothing can be yours.

MEET THE WORLD FACE TO FACE.
(The way to dissolve our resistance to life is to meet it face to face.)

Wholeheartedly train in keeping your heart and mind open to everyone.

Don't try to fix others.

Let go of the outcome and be kind.

BE NOT AFRAID.

Let everything happen to you
Just keep moving forward

***********
What is it about these little tidbits? They give me hope. They help me. Some of them are written by people that were living forever ago (it encourages me that there were worriers back then too) and others are newer. Some of the genius nice wise people:
Rumi
Pema Chodron
Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
Krishnamurti
Joseph Campbell

Have a bitchen summer,
Jobe

No comments: