Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Cupcake Lessons

I've been hard at work in my laboratory and have recently reached some semi-okay-ish conclusions regarding Richard Simmons and just, what, EXACTLY makes him so gosh darn lovable.

1.  He resembles a raisin and who doesn't adore a good raisin?
2.  He maintains an OTHERWORDLY enthusiasm and Go-Get-'Emness despite the fact that his hair has the consistency of Pure Wisp
3.  Who wears short shorts?  Richard wears short shorts!
4.  He appears to possess a complete and utter lack of rhythm HOWEVER he refuses to let this stop him when he is leading a squadron of followers during Sweatin To the Oldies
5.  Two words:  TUBE SOCKS

Step aside and let the man go through,
Harry Hot Pants

4 comments:

The Zadge said...

Can I just have 5 minutes in your brain? Please? Just 5 minutes!

Joann Mannix said...

Also, there is the charming way he has of YELLING with uber enthusiasm everything he says.

"HEY EVERYONE! I HAVE AN UPSET STOMACH ACCOMPANIED BY DIARRHEA! YEAH! AND ONE! AND TWO! AND THREE!"

Just adorable.

Meg at the Members Lounge said...

Here's the thing about him: Genuine. Plus one of my friends was on his show in the 80's after they lost a zillion pounds.

PJ said...

Just found your blog through The Zadge and I howled! I'm still smiling and snorting quietly making my husband bury his head even deeper into his newspaper. All right, it's not a newspaper anymore, he reads the paper on-line, but still...it's the idea and all. His head is so deeply burrowed into his screen he's fogging it up.

look forward to more. And I have always wondered why Nancy Grace YELLS! I can hear her even though I don't watch her. All I have to do is see one clip advertising her and I can see that cranky face all day long--and HEAR HER.

PS Who can't love Richard Simmons no matter how reluctantly? tube socks...grrrrrr