As you may or may not know, I am a Nobel Prize winning Scientist(ish) and I have recently concluded several vigorous and annoying experiments in the laboratory involving Lonesome Dove, the mini series from the late 80's, and have proven the following:
1. Once the Lonesome Dove train has left the station, if you are not ON that train that has left the station, there is NO WAY to board that train further on down the line.
2. There tend to be TWO TYPES of people. Those who have a deep and abiding love for Lonesome Dove (Dove Lovers) and those who don't (Dove Haters). These two types of people tend to pair up in real life and the Dove Lover spends the rest of their otherwise peaceful union trying in vein to convert the Dove Hater.
3. Although Robert Duvall is a first rate actor, when a person watches Lonesome Dove it is obvious that he very rarely has more than two expressions: WILEY/COWBOY PRANKSTER FEISTY or "GO ON, GIT---GIT OUTTA HERE GOD DAMNIT!" FURIOUS.
4. Tommy Lee Jones is ALL torso.
5. Sometimes when you can't sleep and you think maybe you should take a Tylenol PM you might consider watching Lonesome Dove.