Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday SlobberLove

DO NOT TELL ANYONE THIS but sometimes when I walk down the street I pretend like I'm Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady.

It's true.

Ever since I saw him sing "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face" when I was five it has stuck with me like how the "What A Feeling" dance from Fame makes an imprint on your brain forever but in a good way.

For over 40 years, almost every time I find myself on a tree lined street I picture Rex Harrison and I picture his TALLNESS and his tweedishness and his classy hat and his elegant gait and I recreate that NUMBER in my head and if I'm feeling particularly showy and I happen to have an umbrella in my hand I wave it around a bit even if people are looking.

And this makes me really happy because when I'm a really old lady I'll remember that I always did this and I'll think Well At Least I Don't Have THAT Regret.

1 comment:

linlah said...

Charles Boyer in Barefoot in the Park. Shama shama elma commama